General Terms of Registration
- You may purchase your conference pass to the FINPYME Forum event on this Site. Details and prices can be viewed here: https://registrationfinpymeforum.eventbrite.com.
- All conference passes are personal.
- Your conference pass includes access to the FINPYME Forum event only. You are responsible for covering all travel costs and other expenses associated with your participation in the FINPYME Forum event.
- All conference passes sales are final and non-refundable.
- You are allowed to transfer your conference pass to another person by contacting the FINPYME Forum organizer via email at email@example.com. Transfer requests will be approved by the IIC upon receiving sufficient registration information from you and at its entire discretion. Transfer requests received after September 13, 2015 will not be processed.
- If for any reason beyond IIC’s reasonable control (including but not limited to strikes; labor disputes; acts, regulations or orders of governmental authorities; civil disorder; disasters; acts of terrorism; acts of war; acts of God; fires; floors or other emergency conditions) it is impossible or illegal for us to carry-out the FINPYME Forum event, such non-performance is excused and the IIC may cancel the conference without further liability of any nature. The IIC will refund you any amount you paid to the IIC for conference passes.
Links to/from Third Party Sites
- This Web Site, Apps and/or Social Media contain links to third-party web sites not under the control of the IIC. The IIC provides these links as a convenience for users of the Web Site, Apps and/or Social Media; the IIC is not responsible for their contents. The presence of a link does not imply endorsement or approval of its contents by the IIC. Likewise, no Third Party may link or deep link to any part of this Web Site, Apps and/or Social Media without IIC’s prior written consent.
Use of Communications Facilities
- This Site, App and/or Social Media may contain bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities. You agree to use the communication facilities only to send and receive information and materials that is proper and relevant to the particular communication facility. When using the communication facilities you will not: defame, abuse, harass, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others; publish, post or distribute any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material; upload or attach files that contain copyrighted material unless you own or control such copyright; upload or attach files that contain viruses or similar software; delete any author attributions or legal/proprietary notices in any file that is uploaded; advertise or offer goods or services, or conduct surveys, contests or chain letters; or download any file posted that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner. Any contribution you post to the Site, App and/or Social Media will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any contribution on the Site, App and/or Social Media, you grant the IIC, the Inter-American Development Bank Group members and the IIC’s service providers, and each of their, and our respective licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material.
Personal Information and Cookies
- The IIC does not automatically collect personal information regarding your use of the Site, App and/or Social Media. However, if you submit any information through an interface of the Site, an App and/or Social Media including while registering for the FINPYME Forum event, or if you use a communications facility of the Site, App and/or Social Media you may be asked for personal information such as your name, place of employment and email address, or information related to your business such as number of employees, annual sales information, etc. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Site, App and/or Social Media, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Information provided by you through the Site, App and/or Social Media may be used by the Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC) and shared with the Inter-American Development Bank and other strategic partners of the IIC to determine eligibility for financial and nonfinancial products, in compliance with the IIC's Disclosure of Information Policy (http://www.iic.org/sites/default/files/pdf/disclosure_of_information_policy_in_english.pdf). The IIC will use and reflect your contact information in the FINPYME Forum event app, which will only be available to registered participants and sponsors. The Site, App and/or Social Media may set a cookie that enables the Site to remember you the next time you visit, so that you don’t have to re-enter information that you already typed in. Likewise, the IIC, through this Site, App and/or Social Media may collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to technical information about your mobile device, system and application software in order to provide support and services to you. In addition, the Site may record your IP address and information such as your browser type and operating system. This information helps IIC learn about the geographical distribution of Site visitors. This information is never connected with the personal information you supply to IIC through the Site or otherwise.
- All information on the Site, the App and/or Social Media are provided "AS IS", with no express or implied warranty of any kind, including but not limited to any warranty of merchantability, suitability, availability, non-infringement or fitness for any particular purpose. Use of this Site, App and/or Social Media is at user's sole risk. The IIC makes no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability or timeliness of any of the material or information on the Site, App and/or Social Media and under no circumstances, including but not limited to, negligence, shall the IIC be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential expenses or damages incurred by reason of its use, including expenses or damages arising from communication failure and/or computer malfunctions associated with use of the Site. Information that relates to a particular date is offered only as of such date and the IIC undertakes no obligation to update any material on the Site, App and/or Social Media. The IIC may, in its discretion, periodically add, change, improve or update the materials on the Site, App and/or Social Media without notice, and reserves the right to limit or discontinue the Site, App and/or Social Media or deny any user access thereto without notice.
- As a condition of use of the Site, App and/or Social Media, you agree to indemnify the IIC from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of your use of the Site, App and/or Social Media, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by you of these terms and conditions. If the user is dissatisfied with any material on the Site, App and/or Social Media or with any of terms and conditions of use of the Site, App and/or Social Media, such user's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site, App and/or Social Media. Nothing in the Site, App and/or Social Media or any materials therein shall be construed, explicitly or implicitly, to contain any investment recommendations. Nothing in this Site, App and/or Social Media or in any materials therein constitutes an offer of or an invitation by or on behalf of the IIC to purchase or sell any securities, nor should it be considered investment advice.
- The Site, App and Social Media are controlled, operated and administered by the IIC from its offices within the United States of America. The IIC makes no representation that materials at the Site, App and Social Media are appropriate or available for use at other locations outside of the United States of America. Access to the materials on the Site, App and/or Social Media at any location where such content may be illegal is prohibited. If you access the Site, App and/or Social Media from a location outside of the United States of America, you are solely responsible for compliance with local laws.
- The App may be subject to US export control laws, including the US Export Administration Act and its associated regulations. You shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export or release the App to, or make the App accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export or release is prohibited by law, rule or regulation. You shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing or otherwise making the App available outside the US. Nothing in this statement shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the IIC, which are specifically reserved.
- These Terms will be governed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, United States of America, without giving effect to the conflict of laws provisions of that jurisdiction. Any legal action over the contents of the Site, Apps and Social Media shall be brought in the federal courts located in Washington, D.C. No waiver by the IIC of any provision of these terms and conditions shall be binding except as set forth in writing signed by its duly authorized representative. Nothing in the Site, Apps and/or Social Media shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the IIC, which are specifically reserved.
Date of last update: June 2, 2015